Monday, February 23, 2015

The Raven of Tir Righ

I was asked a few months ago to design a Raven of Tir Righ Scroll.

This is the highest award that can be given to someone within the Principality.

I was challenged by both Yzabels and Helen to do something a bit different and not fall back on what I know so well.

I tried to rise to the occasion, and instead of doing something with parchment and pigment, I made this:


The design was drawn by hand, and scanned it. I modified it as little as possible, as I wanted the design to really be mine. After that I digitally added the moon and stars (I really wanted precision), and then after a lot of fiddling, I put the whole thing into the laser engraver to work its magic.

I am very pleased, and I have gotten word that the recipient likes it too.

Oh, here is the translation of the runes:

Ulfr, proud warrior and lord of Tir Righ past,
Once great ruler in the land of the dragons,
Back home to conquer the land of the lion
Example of all we should be
Proud Raven of Tir Righ

And in Icelandic:
Úlfr, stolt stríðsmaður og herra Tir Righ fortíð ,
Einu sinni mikill höfðingja í landi dreka
Atur heim að sigra landið ljónið
Dæmi um allt sem við ættum að vera

Stolt Hrafn frá Tir Righ

No comments:

Post a Comment